Staten Island - Tottenville Summer Camp
We are not your ordinary children’s Summer camp. At our premiere camp, children nurture their own unique abilities and interests in the performing and creative arts. Our camp gives every camper the opportunity to perform a leading role or to showcase their artwork. In doing so, everyone walks out a star! 🌟
A Premiere Music & Art Summer Camp Experience.
57 Page Ave, Staten Island, NY 10309
Don’t forget that everyday is a party!
Most importantly our Tottenville campers build confidence, inspire creative expression, and make great lifetime friendships.
Join us and see for yourself!
2020 Camp Info
All new simplified pricing for 2020!
– $485 a week for 2 weeks
– $425 a week for 4 weeks
– $395 a week for 6 weeks
– $375 a week for 8 weeks
- Discounts cannot be combined. Only one offer per family.
- All program cancellations must be in writing; telephone cancellations will not be honoured.
- Late registration after May 1st, 2020 is only given on program availability and must be paid in full.
- Programs may not be changed or switched after June 1st.
- There is a $30 fee for returned checks.
- Only one discount may be applied where applicable; discounts may not be combined
- This camp is not a program of or otherwise sponsored by the NYC Department of Education.
- A deposit of $100 is required to process all camp registrations. This deposit (and any additional payment toward tuition) is refundable prior to April 1st, 2020, minus a $50 processing fee. After April 1st, the $100 deposit is not refundable, but any additional payments made toward tuition remain refundable prior to June 1st, 2020. After June 1st, 2020, no refunds will be given for withdrawal from camp.
- Camp must be paid for in full by June 15th, 2020. Failure to pay for camp in full will result in a forfeiture of paid fees.
- DEA Music and Art reserves the right to suspend and/or expel any camper. Refunds, if any, are at the sole discretion of DEA Music and Art
- Limited number of campers required. For program to be offered
- I agree to allow my child to participate in all programs and allow the use of any photographs or video for future publicity material unless otherwise specified.
- I authorize DEA music and Art to make all necessary emergency decisions including medical treatment when I and the pers
- $100/week morning and afternoon till 5 pm. $15 additional till 6 pm.
- $65/week for AM only
- $85/week for PM only till 5 pm. $15 additional till 6 pm.
Francesca Maisano is a mixed media artist as well as a graphic designer based in Staten Island, NY. Francesca graduated from Wagner College with a BS degree in Marketing/Business Administration. She then continued her art studies at Parsons School of Design in Manhattan. Her past artworks were exhibited in numerous pop-up art exhibits like MAD Gallery and Conception Arts in Soho.
Ever since she was a child, Francesca always wanted to become a teacher. She currently teaches visual arts to the students at DEA Music and Art School. Her art room is a fun and engaging place where everyone is able to work as a community, use their creative noggins, and appreciate art.
Combines drama, singing, and dancing. Students will work together to perform fun mini skits and a variety of musical theater scenes. In this summer’s performing arts program, we will look at the theater through the lens of developing acting skills, exploring stage design, taking virtual theater field trips, and preparing for different performances. We will explore a different musical theater script on a bi-weekly basis. We will also integrate dance and fitness to develop and enhance the movement abilities of our students.
Class will have students participate in a variety of music-related activities and games. Students will learn the fundamentals of music, identify different sounds and genres, and experiment with creating their own beats. Musical instruments will be introduced and having an instrument at home is not mandatory.
Will allow children to create a new masterpiece or craft daily. Students will explore different art mediums and learn fun techniques at home. Students will admire famous artworks and the galleries of international museums during virtual trips. At the end of each session, we will put on a student art exhibit. Our Musical Theater and Visual Arts classes go hand in hand. Children will create scene backdrops and props needed for their weekly theater performances. It is a fun way to fully appreciate the beauty of the arts.
Rockers in Summer is our rock band music program designed for students that are interested in learning music but have not decided to focus on a musical instrument just yet. Students will rotate playing guitar, bass, keyboard, and drums. One of the most fun activities where students will jam with other students. All our programs are performance-based therefore students not only rehearse in a rock band but will get to showcase their band dressed like real rockers and play in our mini-performances events.
At the end of each two week session campers put on a mini performance!
Children also love to show off what they creatively accomplished in the set design and visual arts segments. The things kids will explore! They may even be inspired to have a future profession in the arts.
Audition on a musical instrument or singing or test your ability to paint and draw for a more personalized experience. Limited seats.
Those accepted will be able to focus on an area of interest and may be awarded a special performing/showcasing their talent opportunity in one of our upcoming events. Auditions and Testing held during our business hours.